Translate

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Walk down the Malecon to Ladies Lunch at…. Mariscos El Molcajete’s Loco Restaurant

After I finished my cooking course today I decided to walk down the malecon to the fish store and also to see if the ladies were still having lunch at El Molcajete’s.

IMG_6037

Angelina’s home is only one block off the malecon so I continued down Constitucion and came out to the ocean.  This is looking north. 

IMG_6038

Many statues as you walk along.

IMG_6039

The tide is out a bit and the rocks are exposed. 

IMG_6040IMG_6041

IMG_6042

As I came around the corner of the hill there were many vendors and I could see why.  The cliff divers were beside them on the ocean which makes for a nice tourist draw.  I had just arrived and a diver was in position.  I set the camera to sports mode which takes three rapid pictures and you can see him dive and then ….he is gone.  Dangerous stuff and only for the very experienced.  There were a couple of young gringo dudes watching and one said to the other “ So…would you do that?”  Reply….Are you crazy!

IMG_6046

More bronze statues.  This link describes all the statues that line the malecon….

Our Monumental Malecon - M! Magazine

IMG_6047

As well as the bronze statues the paper mache statues for Carnival 2017 have appeared. 

                IMG_6048

This Oriental one has a very odd face!

                IMG_6049

I did not walk the whole malecon and there are many, many more statues.  This one is of a cat or gato.

IMG_6050

Look at that.  The ladies are just getting their lunch and I have time to snap a couple of pictures.  We have eaten here in the past and it is alway very good.

IMG_6051

Fish with a poblano cream sauce.  Yum!

IMG_6052

The same I think.

IMG_6053

The table is full of fresh strawberry margaritas and apparently they were delicious.  No one was up for chit chat as there was food to be eaten. 

IMG_6054

I only stayed for a few minutes and left the ladies to enjoy their lunch. 

IMG_6055

Always a good place for lunch….thumbs up and sorry I missed it.

I did stop a couple of doors down and picked up some fresh red snapper or pargo as it is called here.  Two small fish for 60 pesos…always a deal.  Now to catch a bus.  I continued walking as the traffic on the malecon has been disrupted by construction and also the planting of palm trees.  Never sure why they spend so much time planting trees and so little time fixing streets.  But…that’s just me. 

I did finally find a bus and headed home.  I haven’t been feeling well for a couple of days so it was time to head home and lie down.  Still…a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment